Monday, May 19, 2008

The white beach

My classmates, boyfriend and I went this summer twice to this beautiful beach in Samal Islands. There are plenty of great beaches and nice activities in the island. But since we were in a tight budget, we went to the less expensive resort.



You won't believe the experience I had the second time we went there. The weather was great when we got there, white sand, really relaxing place. We just assembled our small tent when all of the sudden, this very dark cloud emerge and replace the bright sun. See the picture below.



I'm on the verge of crying while me and my boyfriend were struggling so hard to keep our tent from being blown away by the strong, ferocious wind. One of the bars that supports the tent even broke. Water is slowly penetrating the inside of our shelter. So after some time, we were able to take shelter to a nearby cottage since our tent has fallen apart.

I was really mad at my boo, blaming him for everything. Then I thought that all his efforts are to make me happy and he does not deserve to be nag. So when he asked me if I'm okay in spite of getting wet, I just said that it's not his fault if the weather spoiled our fun.

Overall, it was fun. Whatever happens, if you intend to enjoy but things didn't go as plan, well the least one could do is enjoy the circumstances as if it were a blessing. I hate getting wet at that point because I haven't change my clothes yet - but then getting soaked in the rain is something I enjoyed when I was young. Maybe God wanted to remind me the good old days. And Samal Island is still one terrific summer spot.

2 comments:

Pearl said...

hi...hello...
gud day...
by d way, I'm Pearl, a closed friend of ur gorgeous sistah..hehe
i had opened ur blog coz sugo ni Brenda...
pag makakwarta ka huh libreha ko...lamat daan
it's just a joke..hehe
ingatz

mechelle said...

Thank pearl! I already added you to my set of friendster friends.

Salamat for dropping by!!!